MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Layer appears in legend window, but not on map.

Whalen,Jake [Dartmouth] Jake.Whalen@EC.GC.CA
Mon, 26 May 2003 11:20:01 -0300

------_=_NextPart_001_01C32391.E4FF42F0

Hello,

I tried adding a layer to my mapfile in mapedit. It's a shapefile that
resides locally with the other data files in the maplab tutorial, it's
polygonal, and in projection lat/long NAD 83. When I bring it in, it shows
up in the legend window, but not in the map. The layer is at the top of the
legend window, which means it's not being covered. Is it a projection issue,
and, if so, how do I specify the layer's projection? I've made sure that the
shapefile resides with its .shx and .dbf files as well.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jake

------_=_NextPart_001_01C32391.E4FF42F0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2654.45">
<TITLE>Layer appears in legend window, but not on map.</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hello,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I tried adding a layer to my mapfile =
in mapedit. It's a shapefile that resides locally with the other data =
files in the maplab tutorial, it's polygonal, and in projection =
lat/long NAD 83. When I bring it in, it shows up in the legend window, =
but not in the map. The layer is at the top of the legend window, which =
means it's not being covered. Is it a projection issue, and, if so, how =
do I specify the layer's projection? I've made sure that the shapefile =
resides with its .shx and .dbf files as well.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Any feedback would be =
appreciated.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Jake </FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C32391.E4FF42F0--