MapTools.org

[Fwd: [maplab-users] Layer appears in legend window, but not on map.]

Dean Gadoury gadoury@dmsolutions.ca
Mon, 26 May 2003 13:10:47 -0400
Jake,
It sounds like your problem is related to projection. The MapLab
tutorial data are in a Lambert Conformal Conic (LCC) projection defined
by EPSG code 42304. If the layer you want to add is not in that
projection you will have to make sure that there is a projection object
in your MAP object and in the LAYER object that defines your layer so
your data will be reprojeted and appear in the right space.

If your map file doesn't already have a projection object put this in:
  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:42304"
  END
That defines the map's projection as LCC.

And in the layer definition for your Lat Long data you'll need another
projection object. You can use:
  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4269"
  END