MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Is Maplab2.0.1 ready for Mapserver4 ?

ERTZ Olivier ertz@eivd.ch
Tue, 09 Sep 2003 08:53:52 +0200
Hello,
until now I worked with Mapserver 3.6.6 and Maplab2rc2 under PHP4.2.3
with Mapscript and Proj extensions, all was fine. But today I tried to
install a new server with all these components up to date, on WinXP Pro :

- MapServer version 4.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
(coming from DMS Solutions download page)

- PHP 4.3.2 with php_mapscript:40.dll and proj.dll

- Maplab 2.0.1 (Jun 12 2003)

I encounter a problem with the Keymap generator of MapBrowser (nb :
keymap = reference map) :
- I have a simple Map File with on layer and class. Preview in MapEdit is ok
- I switch to MapBrowser in order to generate the keymap
- I enter a keymap name and clic on -Generate-
- I can see the preview just bottom the window
- I apply and ok, but nothing appears in MapBrowser, it stays "No
reference map specified"
- When I come back to MapEdit, my mapfile tree in object browser section
is entirely deleted and it changes the map title into a string like
"png" or "gif" (depending on Mapserver install), and it changes the extent.

Is this a bug ?
That why I wonder if  Maplab2.0.1 is ready for Mapserver4 ?

Thanx in advance for your comments.

--
MEDIAMAPS Research Project  (http://www.mediamaps.ch)