MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Segfault when working with raster data (GeoTIFF)

Daniel Morissette dmorissette@dmsolutions.ca
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 11:43:38 -0400
Dan Boitnott wrote:
> I get a Segmentation Fault when I use a GeoTIFF layer.  I tried my own
> code and then some from the tutorial.  Here's my configure command:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/mapserver --with-php=/usr/include/php/main
> --with-gd --enable-force-freetype1 --with-proj=/opt/proj
> --with-wmsclient --with-gdal=/opt/gdal/bin/gdal-config --with-jpeg
> --with-zlib --with-png --with-xpm --with-libiconv --with-tiff
> --with-ogr=/opt/gdal/bin/gdal-config

Try configuring your mapserver using --without-tiff ... GDAL already
comes with its builtin version of libtiff, so by forcing --with-tiff as
you did, you may end up with two different veersions of libtiff loaded
in memory, and that could very well explain this crash.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette@dmsolutions.ca