[maplab-users] colors problem

Dean Gadoury dgadoury at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Apr 14 08:38:40 EDT 2004

Hi Charles,

I've run into this problem before when using images. The output format
you have specified only allows for 256 colors after those are all used
there are no more colors available. Your orthophoto probably contains
256 colors so MapServer draws the roads in one of the greys available in
the pallette. You have a couple of options:
1. You could reduce the number of colors in your orthophoto
2. You could try specifying png24 as your output format since it can
handle more colors. Try this outputformat object:

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "png24"
    MIMETYPE "image/png"
    DRIVER "GD/PNG"
    EXTENSION "png"
    IMAGEMODE RGB
    TRANSPARENT FALSE
  END

I would recommend trying option #2 first.

Dean