[maplab-users] dbase.so and php_dbase.dll

Jimenez, Maria Fernanda (CIAT) m.f.jimenez at cgiar.org
Fri Aug 27 12:46:33 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Morissette [mailto:dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca]
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 11:15 AM
To: Mark M
Cc: Hot Line
Subject: Re: [maplab-users] dbase.so and php_dbase.dll

Mark M wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maplab seems to start OK but I'm having problems with dbase.so. To create
this library I went to the source directory php-4.2.2/etc/dbase and ran;
> phpize
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> Then I copied the dbase.so file to /usr/lib/php4/ and reran
/sbin/ldconfig.

> However when I view the installation information I still get,
>
> Warning: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/dbase.so' -
/usr/lib/php4/dbase.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory in /var/www/html/maplab-2.2/htdocs/info.php on line 75

That's odd. Andyou verified that /usr/lib/php4/dbase.so is there? Could
it be a permissions issue?

An alternative might be to build the dbase extension directly into your
PHP executable using the --enable-dbase PHP configure option.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca