MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Can't save work in MapEdit

Matthew Perry mtperry78@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:23:34 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

 I am new to Maplab but have been using mapserver for
about a year. MapEdit works great but I am running
into a MAJOR bug... I can't save ANY of my work.

 I opened an existing mapfile and was able to edit it
just fine. When I select "Save Map" from the File
Menu, it sends the request and doesn't give me any
errors but the mapfile is not updated. When I select
"Save Map As", I get the following error.

Can't create file name
(/var/www/htdocs///klamath2//klamath2.map). in
/maplab-2.1-rc3/htdocs/mapedit/action.phtml

The problem is obviosuly the extra slashes. I have
played with the config files endlessly with no
apparent solution to the bug. I searched the archives
and found many complaints of the same problem, but no
solutions. I am running mapserver 4.0 with PHp 4.33
and maplab 2.1 rc3.

Intuition says that this should be easy to fix but I
have no idea where to go from here. Could someone
point me to a good resource to solve this problem??

Thanks,

Matt Perry
Humboldt State University