MapTools.org

[maplab-users] IMAGEMODE RGBA fails in GmapFactory app

Matt Doggett mdoggett@coas.oregonstate.edu
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:25:53 -0800
1. I have a GmapFactory application that works.

2. If I create a custom outputformat type for 24-bit output PNG images
as follows:

OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME PNG24
  DRIVER "GD/PNG"
  MIMETYPE "image/png"
  IMAGEMODE RGBA
  EXTENSION "png24"
END
IMAGEFORMAT PNG24

then My application "fails" and the browser simply waits...and
waits....and waits until I get a timeout error.

3. This exact same map file works just fine on a "plain" php/mapscript
application so I believe the fault lies somewhere within the GmapFactory
app.

4. If I change "IMAGEMODE RGBA" to "IMAGEMODE PC256", my application
works fine again, however, the images are still 8-bit, 256 colors. I
need 24-bit images.

My question:  What's wrong with the IMAGEMODE RGBA that is causing my
GmapFactory application to fail?  Is this a bug?

Matt

Matt Doggett
Spatial Climate Analysis Service
Oregon State University