MapTools.org

[maplab-users] php_mapscript extension not found

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 21:14:05 -0500
Doug Nebert wrote:
> In my php.ini file I have set
> extension_dir  /home/mapconte/public_html/cgi-bin and have placed
> all .so files there, including libproj.so.0 . But still I get the error
> when just trying a phpinfo:
>
> Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library './php_mapscript.so' -
> ./php_mapscript.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory in /home/mapconte/public_html/phpinfo.php on line 2

It seems that for some reason your php.ini changes didn't take effect:
the error message says that it cannot find './php_mapscript.so', and
usually the message includes the full path from the php.ini, suggesting
that in this case it's "./" which is the default value in the PHP
distribution.

I would suggest that you check the phpinfo() output to double-check the
path where PHP looks for php.ini, and make sure that you edit the right
copy of php.ini: look for the 'Configuration File (php.ini) Path' value
in the first table of the phpinfo output.

HTH

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette@dmsolutions.ca