[maplab-users] maplab installation problem in IIS

Zak James zak-ms at hoppsan.org
Tue Jul 6 08:47:10 EDT 2004

On Jul 6, 2004, at 2:20 AM, charley cheng wrote:

> Hi! Dear Lists:
>
> I am now trying to install Maplab_2.1_rc3 ,mapserver
> 4.2.0_win32_php4.3.4 and php_mapscript_42.dll with IIS 5.0 on window
> 2000 server.
>
> When I  open  XML configuration tools, the error message is:
>
> Warning: fopen(../config/gmapfactory.xml): failed to open stream:
> Permission denied in
> D:\maplab\maplab-2.1-rc3\htdocs\common\appcontext\appcontext.php on
> line 553

Does the file D:\maplab\maplab-2.1-rc3\config\gmapfactory.xml exist on
your system? Does your web server have permission to read and write to
it?

> After click the mapedit, the error message is
>
> Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
> D:\maplab\maplab-2.1-rc3\htdocs\mapedit\globprefs.php on line 287

That looks like a problem with a mapfile you are trying to load. Ensure
that the fontset file referenced in the mapfile exists and is
accessible to the web server.

> Although I install maplab with MSW4 sucessfully, I really need to set
> maplab on IIS /window2000 server platform for company.

One option is to install ms4w, configure the apache httpd.conf file so
apache runs on a different port than IIS and then set up a redirect
from a certain URL on the IIS server to point to the apache ms4w
install. That would get you around the problems you are having
configuring maplab.

zak

--
Zak James