[maplab-users] Labeling issue

kgrootendorst at baird.com kgrootendorst at baird.com
Fri Jul 9 10:13:37 EDT 2004

Zak,
Is the freetype dll actually called 'freetype.dll'?
Because  I don't have anything like that on my system (win2000).
Maybe that's the problem?

Kevin

Zak James <zak-ms at hoppsan.org>
07/09/2004 10:03 AM

kgrootendorst at baird.com
cc
maplab help <maplab-users at lists.maptools.org>
Subject
Re: [maplab-users] Labeling issue

Kevin,

It's likely that you have a different version of the freetype dll
somewhere on your system and it is getting picked up first and causing
the problem. The easiest solution is to use the ms4w distribution which
is a zero configuration way to get maplab working on windows.

To get gmap separately, you can go to  http://dl.maptools.org/dl/ and
choose gmap-ms40.zip.

Even if you can't use ms4w for some reason, it's worth downloading just
to see how a working maplab/mapserver configuration is set up.

zak
--
Zak James