[maplab-users] links from map to jpg

charley cheng chengcharlie2003 at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 30 11:07:47 EDT 2004

Hi Good morning! Zak,

Could you give a little more detatiled explaination of how to place special query template in maplab?
I tried it, however, maplab does not read the query template as query template works in mapserver. Whatever template value ( ttt, ttt_query.html or file path and myquery.html with image tag inside) I put in the template of layer in maplab, query button i give the all attributes in the shapefile attribute table for the point I queried, which is generated by query.phtml in Gmapfactory.

Thank you very much again!

Charlie

MGIS Canadiate
Department of Geography
University of Calgary
E-mail: chengcharlie2003 at yahoo.ca or lcheng at ucalgary.ca

Zak James <zak-ms at hoppsan.org> wrote:
Kenneth,

You will need to add some symbols to the generated symbol file that
reference gif or png thumbnails of the jpeg images (make them type
PIXMAP). Then they can be used as point symbols. If you make up a
special html query template for your application that has an image tag
for the corresponding full jpeg file, it can be displayed when you
query the point. Your query template would have to be set in the layers
that had used the pixmap symbols and placed relative to the map file in
the generated gmapfactory application.

This has definitely been done before; maybe some other users can
provide detailed information. You could also look through the archives
for the mapserver-users list as this is not maplab specific.

zak
--
Zak James