[maplab-users] need help for maplab install, can not read index.phtml

charley cheng chengcharlie2003 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 8 10:45:11 EDT 2004

Thank you very much, Zak.
I tried it, it does not works. I put the other .php file such as  mascript_test.php under htdocs of maplab folder. It works fine. It means that .php in maplab is read by apache and mapscript/php. The problem is that it does not read .phtml file.

I put php folder at C:Program files/Apache group/Apache/php

My maplab under C:/maplab/maplab-2.1-rc3

I have tried MS4W, however I am now planning to establish mapserver/maplab system on company server.MS4W might not be a choice.

By the way, I am MGIS student in Department of Geography, University of Calgary. Currently, I am working as a summer student in a environmental engineering company.

Looking forward for your advice and thank you for your time.

Charlie

Zak James <zak-ms at hoppsan.org> wrote:
Charlie,

You need to make apache aware that php code has to be handled
differently by adding something like
>>#Added for MapScript PHP functionality
>>ScriptAlias /php/ "c:/php/"
>>AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>>Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php.exe"

to your httpd.conf.

By far the easiest way to set up maplab on windows is to use the MS4W
package found here:

http://maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml

It includes a properly configured httpd.conf and will work right away
after being installed.

zak
--
Zak James