[maplab-users] Could not preview map in MapEdit

charley cheng chengcharlie2003 at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 28 12:41:01 EDT 2004

Hi! Dear Lists;

I am trying to use Maplab for my thesis project. After I followed the turtorial, I could not preview my Mapfile. The error messages are as follows:

Warning: fopen(C:/temp//40e042ae9b2c4.map): failed to open stream. No such file or diectory in c:\map\maplab-2.1-rc3\htdocs\mapedit\preview.php on line 259.

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream rescource in c:\maplab \maplab-2.1-rc3\htdocs\mapedit\preview.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\maplab\maplab-2.1-rc3\htdocs\mapedit\preview.php on line 261

Fatal error: call to a member function on a non-object in c:\maplab\maplab-2.1-rc3\htdocs\mapedit\preview.php on line 308.

In fact, the preview.php is at above location.

I tested other mapfiles, they all could not be previewed and the error message is similar.

However, I can publish the tutorial using GMAPFactory, it seems work fine.

Other question is that I use MapScript 4.0 which is copied from MSW4,
I could not find the link to download the PHP MapScript 4.2.0.

I use Window XP, apache, mapsever.

Thank you very much!

Charlie

MGIS Candiate