MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Bad path in GMapFactory

Balkanu GIS gis@balkanu.com.au
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:00:30 +1000
Please ignore my previous post. Inexplicably, GMapFactory's behaviour has
changed and all is good.

Yuri

-----Original Message-----
From: maplab-users-admin@lists.maptools.org
[mailto:maplab-users-admin@lists.maptools.org] On Behalf Of Balkanu GIS
Sent: Friday, 12 March 2004 10:50
To: 'Paul Spencer'
Cc: maplab-users@lists.maptools.org
Subject: RE: [maplab-users] Bad path in GMapFactory

Hi Paul, thank you for your reply;

I added the following to httpd.conf

Alias /maplab_projects/ "c:/ms4w/apps/maplab-2.1/projects/"

- which has resolved the path problem.

I note that when a project is selected in GMapFactory, the resulting path to
the Map File always begins with a period "e.g. "./ms4w/.../bla.map" which
causes more path errors. I have to manually remove the period from the path
in order for things to work. I imagine the period is used for *nix type
directories, but on Windows it breaks things. Can anyone tell me how to
prevent this behaviour (of automatically placing a period at the beginning
of the path)?

Thanks again

Yuri