MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Re: [Mapserver-users] PHP MapScript on Mac OS X?

Zak James zak-ms@hoppsan.org
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:00:36 -0500
Lorenzo,

I've moved this on to the maplab list as it is probably more relevant
there. I encourage you to subscribe if you aren't on the list already.

There are a couple of issues you may be facing. One possibility is that
the settings in the mapfile have incorrect paths for your system. The
other is that most mac browsers do not support LiveConnect which is
required by ROSA (the java applet) to connect it to the rest of the
maplab interface. The most recent version of safari (v125?) with
apple's java 1.42 installed is the only one that I have been able to
get working with ROSA. As a workaround, you could try switching to html
mode.

If there is no map image, examine the apache error_log to find out what
the problem is. You may find it is trying to write to a directory that
doesn't exist.

I was impressed by your Grass installer and I'd be happy to assist in
getting something along those lines working for mapserver on OS X. One
critical issue is making sure it is something easy to maintain so that
updated versions of libraries and mapserver can easily be incorporated
in the installer as they are released.

zak
--
Zak James