MapTools.org

[maplab-users] ODBC connection via OGR[Scanned for viruses by OA]

joanne cook j.cook@oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:00:50 -0000
Zak, and list,

I'm using the latest version of mapserver and mapscript from:
http://www.maptools.org/dl/mapserver-4.1-dev-win32-php4.3.4.zip

That says it was compiled with support for gdal and ogr, so I moved the relevant dlls over to the correct directory, which I assume is all I needed to do... Previously I was using the earlier stable version. That version seemed to conflict with the version of openev that I was using as the two programs seemed to want different versions of the same dll file (gdal11). I don't have the knowledge or the tools to get into compiling software from source, so in order to start afresh with the latest version of mapserver and mapscript I simply deleted all of the old software and dlls, rebooted and started again. That seems to have resolved some of the problems (openev and mapserver now seem to coexist quite happily) but I'm still having the same problem with my ovf file. I have tested my ogr connection from mapserver by making an ogr connection to a shapefile, and that seemed to work just fine, so it's just the virtual data  that I'm having problems with. I'd ask my question over on the mapservers list only I seem to be having a bit of trouble subscribing to that!

Thanks

Jo

-----Original Message-----
From: Zak James [mailto:zak-ms@hoppsan.org]
Sent: 19 March 2004 17:26
To: joanne cook
Cc: maplab-users@lists.maptools.org
Subject: Re: [maplab-users] ODBC connection via OGR[Scanned for viruses
by OA]

Joanne,

Is it possible that mapserver wasn't relinked against a version of gdal
that includes the VRT support? What is the source of your mapserver and
gdal binaries?

The other possibility is that there is a difference between the
environment that ogrinfo is running in and the one available to the
webserver (and mapserver). On unix platforms, this usually means
different environment variables - I don't have experience getting this
to work on Windows or with Access so I'm not sure if that's applicable.

zak

--
Zak James