[maplab-users] Installation troubles

Wim van den Bosse Wim.vandenBosse at Inter.nl.net
Sat May 8 16:09:04 EDT 2004

Hi there,

I've some problems to install MatLab. What I have so far:
- A working Apache server (2.0.49) on WinXP.
- A working pHp (4.3.6) as CGI. (<?php phpinfo();?> shows a nice
info page).
- A working mapserver (4.2b1). I can run the Itasca demo application.
- A working mapscript, that is, I can dl() the mapscript module
and phpinfo() shows that mapscript has been loaded.

I installed the maplab software in
D:\programs\GIS\maplab-2.1-rc3\. This directory has been added to
  my Apache httpd.conf like this:

Alias /maplab-2.1-rc3 "D:/programs/GIS/maplab-2.1-rc3/"
<Directory "D:/programs/GIS/maplab-2.1-rc3">
     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews IncludesNoExec
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

I added a .phtml file type:
AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml

And I added index.html to the DirectoryIndex
DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.phtml

When I open http://localhost/maplab-2.1-rc3 I can browse the
maplab appliction directory. When I open
http://localhost/maplab-2.1-rc3/htdocs/ I see the message:

	No input file specified.

What is remarkable as well is that I cannot open any of the other
files within the maplab directory. For example when I try to open
one of the text files or one of the config xml files Apache shows
me a acces denied message:

	Forbidden

	You don't have permission to access
	/maplab-2.1-rc3/config/mapbrowser.xml on this server.

So I'm afraid some of my Apache config settings have been set too
tight. What should I change to my config settings? Or did I miss
something else?

Can somebody shed a light on this?

Regards,

Wim