[maplab-users] Map file temp image path over ridden or ignored

Brian Linneker brian at cisas.org.ni
Fri May 28 15:53:54 EDT 2004

Dear Maplab users

I think Maplab is potentially of great utility and very useful for rapid
project generation and we would very much like to use it if we could only
overcome one slight problem (possible bug?) related to the generation of
the main map image file, which is not present in the specified temporary
directory.

The installation we have seems to work fine for viewing map files
(Windows 2000 and XP, Apache 1 and 2, PHP 4.3.4, Mapserver 40.2 using the
corresponding php_mapscript_402.dll).  Using the setup outside of Maplab
seems to generate the image in the appropriately specified directory and
is accessible by the simple php script we write outside of MapLab and is
viewable on the web.

However, with the same temporary image path and image url specified in
the MapLab confuration as in the map file, when I generate a project
using MapLab modules and read the same map file the program seems to run
ok and images are generated somewhere (mysteriously not sure where -
sessions?) but not in the map file specified web accessible temporary
image path folder.

The map file specified image path seems to be over ridden in the map file
and in the maplab configuration file, during and after project
production.  However, this is not the case for the legend and other
images which are written to the appropriate temporary image path
directory fine and wen viewable.

Despite the generation of the main map images by MapLab during and after
project construction the result is that I can only view MapLab generated
project images on the server machine and not on any other machine
connecting to it, as it is not generated in the specified web accessible
server directory along with the legend images.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to this? and
would very much appreciate any advice as to a possible workround to this
most crucial of problems since it renders a MapLab generated project web
unusable.

All the best

Brian Linneker

CISAS Nicaragua