[maplab-users] maplab-2.2 install

Zak James zak-ms at hoppsan.org
Tue Nov 23 11:46:05 EST 2004

Hi Roman,

 > a) What directory would you recommend to install maplab? I guess this
 > would means to add an Alias in httpd.conf if not under /var/www or
 > /public_html

It's up to you. Maplab will work without an alias. The only requirement
is that the directory be accessible to your web server.

 > b) It's OK to install maplab as root?

I don't think it's a good idea.

This isn't directly related to your question, but it's important to
note that we expect you to use some means to secure the application
from unauthorized use (like htaccess or other web server restrictions).
Maplab is not designed to be on a public web server and should never be
installed that way.

 > c) Do I need to give execution permissions for all .phtml files
really?.
 > I wonder why these come without it.

No. If that's a requirement to get your php installation to process the
files, you need to look at your httpd.conf file and fix your php
configuration. http://php.net will have information on this.

 > d) May be SuEXEC is involved? I guess yes because apache can execute
 > .phtml files even if they have only user execution permission. But I
 > have not any VirtualHost directive... (I think)

That shouldn't be necessary.

Is your php installation from a package manager or did you compile it
yourself?

zak

--
Zak James