[maplab-users] MapEdit, problema creating a project

Jonathan Giorgio Ghellere jonathan at ecosconsult.com.br
Tue Nov 23 11:02:52 EST 2004

Tks Zak,

but I'm doing this, here are the steps:

First of all, I create a new map with:

"New Map"

Ok, that create a new map with the object:

"Map ()"

I click on the "Map ()" Object in the "Object Browser" to make sure that is
Bold, like you said, so I click in the blue frame in the top of MapEdit,
select "layer Object" from the pick list and click on the "+" button.

So I wait a few time and the Object Browser don't show nor insert in the ".
map" the "Layer object".

That is the problem that are occuring.

Sometimes the yellow warning triangle appears showing this:

   Description
   Invalid value () for TYPE should be one of
   POINTLINECIRCLEPOLYGONANNOTATIONRASTERQUERY

Any idea ?

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:20:05 -0500, Zak James wrote
> Jonathan,
>
> Unfortunately Franck's patch applies to a bug in gmapfactory and
> doesn't correct the refresh problem you're seeing.
>
> There are a few things you can do to make sure the object creation
> goes smoothly. First, make sure the parent object is highlighted in
> the treeview. If you want to create a new layer, this should mean the
> Map object is displayed in bold type. Next, click in a blank part of
> the blue toolbar frame to ensure it has the focus. Finally, select
> 'layer' from the pick list and click on the '+'. Be patient as it can
> take several seconds for all the frames to update on a slow machine.
>
> I'm not sure if this is related to your problem but an error that a
> lot of users make is that they fill out a form (e.g. for a layer) in
> the object properties panel but then click in the object browser
> without first clicking 'Apply Changes'. If you do this, you lose your
> changes.
>
> zak
> --
> Zak James
> Applications and Software Development
> DM Solutions Group Inc.
> http://www.dmsolutions.ca
>
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:16:23 -0300, Jonathan Giorgio Ghellere
> <jonathan at ecosconsult.com.br> wrote:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  > I'm using maplab 2.2 to create a .map that conect to a postgis
> database, but,
>  > when I try to create a new object, the object browser don't refresh.
>  >
>  > I found the answer on the list, but the attachment don't appears
> in  the page: > >  http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/maplab-
> users/2004-October/ 001476.html > > Can someone send to me the
> > Inflex - Linux - Uvscan Antivirus >

Administrador de Redes
http://www.ecosconsult.com.br
EcosConsult Planejamento Ltda