[maplab-users] maplab install Windows XP

Andrew Swenson ASWENSON at Indygov.org
Tue Sep 14 18:15:32 EDT 2004

Thanks to Joel for the quick reply.

I have been unzipping the maplab.zip file that I downloaded to C:\ from the site Joel mentioned.  I'm  not getting the expected results (as listed in the documentation).  Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm wondering if I need to set some sort of parameter in Winzip, or some sort of directory read/write parameter.

I checked the c:\ms4w folder and discovered that it and all subdirectories under ms4w are read-only.  Tried to change that property and XP wouldn't let me do it. Any ideas?

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:35:17 -0500
From: "Andrew Swenson" <ASWENSON at Indygov.org>
Subject: [maplab-users] maplab install Windows XP
To: <maplab-users at lists.maptools.org>

I've installed ms4w under C:\ and have it running.  I've downloaded maplab.zip and have been attempting to use WinZip to extract the file.  I'm getting a maplab directory where I direct the extract, but am not getting the new directory within /ms4w/apps or any new httpd_*.comf file at /ms4w/httpd.d/httpd_*.comf.  I'll add versions if necessary, but I've been using latest ms4w and maplab.   I'm having the same problems with Chameleon.

Any ideas?  Feeling a bit rudimentary here.

Andrew D. Swenson, Principal Planner
City of Indianapolis, DMD Planning
200 E. Washington St., Suite 1821
Indianapolis, IN 46204