[maplab-users] ESRI Shape files in different directories

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Feb 2 14:53:19 EST 2005

hello Stenhh,

I believe you are talking about tiling your vector data.  Tile4ms is a
mapserver commandline utility that creates an index file of the extents
of several shapefiles.  To get it to read different directories you
would have to set that up programmatically (with your chosen language).
  Here's some info on the mapserver utilities:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/utils.html

You should already have the mapserver utilities, but if not they come
packaged with the FWTools package (http://fwtools.maptools.org/).

You should also search the archives on the main mapserver mailing list
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/support.html) because this is a common issue.

good luck.

jeff

--