[maplab-users] Change "page loading...please wait" text

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jun 8 10:52:18 EDT 2005

kgrootendorst at baird.com wrote:

> Bill,
> I was able to substitute my own text in for the 'loading msg' parameter.
>  But when I try to insert an animated gif, all that's displayed is the
> path of the gif.
> Is this because the Loading msg  parameter somehow only recognizes the
> value as being a string of text and not an animation?

Yup. That's exactly it: the applet's LOADING_MSG value is a string of
text, and there is currently no support for an image, but I think a
could be wrong, but I don't think Java applets support animated GIFs
anyway, so you may not be able to display a spinner without implementing
your own image animation stuff in the ROSA source code.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca