[maplab-users] "Long legend" issues...

expander at mail.com expander at mail.com
Fri Jun 10 05:45:07 EDT 2005

--

Dear All,

I'm not still able to resolve issues referred to "long legend"
problems generated by MapServer when you use several layers.
Main problem is that when generated legend is very long you are
forced to scroll relative map page.
Specer Cox in his post
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/maplab-users/2005-April/001689.html
suggested to use <div> element to resolve this issue but, sincerely,
I don't understand WHERE "div" element has to place...
Another suggested solution comes from Jean-Francois Doyon: in his
post
http://lists.dmsolutions.ca/pipermail/maplab-users/2002-November/000369.html
he suggested to  throw the legend into an <iframe>... again I don't
undestand where (and how) to place this element...
I think and suggest, as ideal solution and in order of complexity:

a) long legend should be divided in two or three column in left side
   of main map page;
b) legend should be put in a frame where one may to scroll only it;
c) legend may be shown entirely but with possibility to hide or show
   layers expanding or collapsing groups shown as tree structure.

How to make it possible? May someone help me?.

Many thanks.

- Exp.