[maplab-users] Installation of maplab on Windows XP

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 09:54:32 EDT 2005

Hi Bahram,

Beyond the tutorial, I'm not aware of any maplab-specific
documentation. I assume you used the ms4w package to install maplab so
that should have taken care of the necessary installation steps.

If a mapfile fails to load, there should be a yellow icon in the top
right corner of the mapedit window. If you click it, some errors will
be displayed in a pop-up window. That may provide some useful
information about problems in your mapfile. If it doesn't make any
sense to you, post the errors to the list and someone here may be able
to help.

zak

On 6/3/05, Edrissi, Bahram <Bahram.Edrissi at wspgroup.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm an absolute beginner and don't know much about mapserver and maplab.
>
> Anyway, I have the maplab index page up and running but can't load existing
> map files successfully. Could somebody guide me towards a good
> installation/setup document?
>
> Any help very appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bahram