[maplab-users] lanbert II carto

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jun 22 11:37:10 EDT 2005

Hi Philippe,

You can specify the projection parameters within the mapfile PROJECTION
object, such as:

     PROJECTION
       "proj=lcc"
       "ellps=GRS80"
       "lat_0=49"
       "lon_0=-95"
       "lat_1=49"
       "lat_2=77"
       "datum=NAD83"
       "units=m"
     END

The other option is to check your epsg file that is part of your PROJ
library and see if it already contains the projection that you need, in
which case you could call it in your mapfile with something like:

     PROJECTION
       "init=epsg:42304"
     END

Note that the above examples are for Lambert Conformal for Canada.

jeff

--
Jeff McKenna