[maplab-users] how to publish .map on web

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 09:38:07 EDT 2005

Hi,

Does the file /var/www/html/mapserver/maplab-2.2/htdocs/gmapfactory/stucture.php
exist? It may be a problem with your installation.

You can use the version of the application generated by gmapfactory in
place, but if it is going to be publicly accessible, you need to take
care with the security of the machine. For instance, you don't want
external users to be able to access Maplab itself. You'll have to
consult the web server's documentation or a system administrator for
information on what is necessary.

The PHP notices you mentioned in your other message are harmless so
you can ignore them.

zak

On 6/22/05, Marcela Doubkova <mdoubko at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I developed a map on our server, which can be viewed
> using the preview function. Once I want to work with
> that in GMapfactory followint notice appears. Any
> idea.
>

> ----------
> Warning:
> main(/var/www/html/mapserver/maplab-2.2/htdocs/gmapfactory/stucture.php):
> failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
> /var/www/html/mapserver/maplab-2.2/htdocs/gmapfactory/appframeset.phtml
> on line 141
>
> Warning: main(): Failed opening
> '/var/www/html/mapserver/maplab-2.2/htdocs/gmapfactory/stucture.php'
> for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in
> /var/www/html/mapserver/maplab-2.2/htdocs/gmapfactory/appframeset.phtml
> on line 141
>
> One more thing - how actually should I publish the
> finilized file on my website? Should I just copy the
> link from the preview website?
>
> Thanks for any help
>

> Marcela Doubkova
> Graduate Student in Geography