[maplab-users] MapLab duplicate objects problem (PHP version issue)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Oct 27 18:00:48 EDT 2005

Hello all,

The good news is that we have tested MapLab with PHP 4.4.0 and the
duplicating objects problem seems to have disappeared.  You may have
noticed this problem when first trying the MapLab tutorial, adding an
object like a CLASS, and then that CLASS gets mysteriously placed in all
of the other layers.

A new version of MS4W is available containing PHP 4.4.0 at
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html.

I recommend that you take a look at the PHP 4.4.0 official release notes
(http://www.php.net/release_4_4_0.php).  A side effect of this PHP
security fix is that a specific type of PHP notice is now thrown
according to new referencing rules.

Hopefully this solves some of the troubles that users were having.

MapLab Development Team

--
Jeff McKenna