[maplab-users] Mapfile Map EXTENT parameter

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 15:50:36 EST 2006

The extents need to be in the units defined in the map file.
>From http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/new_users/index_html/ :

"Unless you are adding layers that fall within the same geographic
area as the demo, modify MAP EXTENT to match the extent of your data.
To determine the extent of your data, you can use OGRInfo. If you have
access to a GIS, you could use that as well. Map EXTENT needs to be in
the units of your output projection."

zak

On 3/24/06, Jesús Ángel del Pozo Domínguez <jesusangel at computer.org> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want to make a mapfile with data from several shapefiles.
> In MapEdit I have created a new map but I don't know what to put in the
> Extent parameter:
>
> Min X, Max X, Min Y, Max Y
>
> Should I type UTM coordinates in theese fields?
>
> I want to show a map of the Iberian Peninsula. What extenet should I
> specify?
>
> Thanks

Zak James