[maplab-users] about MapLab

Zak James zak4ms at gmail.com
Tue May 2 17:39:45 EDT 2006

Zhonghai,

Mablab is a tool for editing and previewing map files, browsing WMS
servers and creating simple php mapscript applications. It isn't
necessary to use it to work with mapserver. There are other ways to
build applications, most of them accessible from http://maptools.org.

I recommend you start with the "New Users" document on the mapserver
site (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/new_users).

zak

On 4/28/06, Zhonghai Wang <zhonghaiw at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi there,
>
> now I am developing a web GIS application based on MapServer, but I do not
> really know what role MapLab plays in MapServer.
>
> P.S: can anyone tell me how to begin an application based on MapServer, what
> are the differences between MapServer CGI and MapScript APIs, I am really
> confused. If possible, please tell me the steps to develop an application
> based on MapServer.
>
> I have installed the latest MS4W on my computer (XP professional version).
>
> 1000 thx
>
> zhonghai
>
> --
> Zhonghai Wang