[maplab-users] ArcGis9 and Maplab

Javier Sanchez Galan j_sgalan at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 12:52:03 EST 2007

My First words are to thank those who answered my question!.

After reading carefully the "ArcMap MXD to ArcIMS AXL & MapServer converter/
export utility", i ve found what may be the answer to my question about the
format (.map  generated file, has differences from the tutorial.map file).

it reads that:

"The files generated for MapServer can be customized by editing the
resoures/_MXDtoMap.xsl" file. The default form is particularly focussed on
users that publish metadata and services through GeoNetwork opensource (
http://geonetwork-opensource.org ). "

Well, i found the AMEIN v1.0.1 plugin that does the export i need, i ve
installed it succesfully (even registered the dll), the only problem is that
it doesnt loads on ArcGis9, it remains gray, thus unusable and after reading
many posts, i dont have a conclusion on how to make it available.

Anyone can point me to a way of making it available.

Thanks

Ing. Javier Sanchez Galan
Dirección de Investigación - VIPE
Universidad Tecnológica de Panamá