[maplab-users] Problem in Opening maps in Mapedit and mapbrpwser

Nahum Castro ncastrog at guanajuato.gob.mx
Wed May 2 10:26:19 EDT 2007

s r escribió:
> Hi all.
> i'm a begginer around mapserver and maplab. (and generally to
> opensource WebGIS)
> my problem is simple: i can't open even tutorial maps in mapedit and
> mapbrowser (using MS4W)
> and i don't know what to do t progress in learning Maplab.
> i willbe so pleased to receive your help?
You need to start on the mapserver documentation and tutorial.
here:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/
http://biometry.gis.umn.edu/tutorial/

> By the way, i've seen in some webpages that Maplab develpment has been
> stopped.
> so, it sounds better to find a better starting point in opensource
> WebGIS.
> what's your idea?
pmapper
http://www.pmapper.net/
here is my app
http://mapas.guanajuato.gob.mx/app/map.phtml

Another problem is that mapserver only runs on php 4 not 5, perhaps your
problem is related to that

> Finally, i haven't found any package (of course opensource) to do the
> shortest Path analysis
> Is there any or i should program it by myself?

Use postgis, there is a shortest path algoritm here:
http://www.cartoweb.org/contribs.html

--
Nahum Castro González
Jefe de desarrollo del portal SEIP/MAPAS