[Mapserver-ottawa] Meeting - Monday January 26th

Dave McIlhagga mcilhagga@dmsolutions.ca
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:34:30 -0500

Happy New Year!

Well -- this has been long overdue, but at last we seem to have the
pieces together for our next Ottawa MapServer Users Group meeting.

The meeting will be held Monday January 26th from 5:30-7:00. We have a
guest in town -- Kevin Flanders who runs PeopleGIS (www.peoplegis.com)
and he is willing to give us a presentation of his Maps Online project
-- a web mapping hosting service for small communities in New England
hosted on MapSherpa.

DM Solutions is moving this week, so we thought we would host the
meeting at our new office - 2nd floor, 30 Rosemount.

Directions:
1. From the 417, get off at the Parkdale exit
2. Go North on Parkdale.
3. Turn Right at Gladstone (first set of lights North of the 417)
4. First street on your left (after the school) is Rosemount, Turn Left.
5. We're on your left -- 30 Rosemount, it's a red brick building similar
to our current office on Chamberlain.

Agenda:

5:30-5:45 - Introductions
5:45-6:15 - MapsOnline Presentation - Kevin Flanders
6:15-6:45 - Atlas of Canada Infrastructure - Jean-Francois Doyon
6:56-7:00 - Update on Plans for the upcoming Open Source GIS and
MapServer User Meeting at Carleton U. June 9-11

Socializing afterwards at the Royal Oak on Wellington -- just around the
corner.

Hope to see you all there next Monday.

Dave
--