[Mapserver-ottawa] Next Meeting Thurs July 20th
jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jul 6 17:20:28 EDT 2006
Hello MapServer users in Ottawa!
It has been a very long time since our last meeting (blush), so we're
definitely way overdue for one. Many things have happened in the Open
Source GIS world recently, so we're bound to have lots to talk about and
catch up on.
The meeting is planned for Thurs July 20th at 6pm, here at the office of
DM Solutions (http://www.dmsolutions.ca/about/contact.html). Please
email me directly if you plan to attend.
The Ottawa Grass Users Group (OGUG) will also be attending this meeting
- for those of you not familiar with the group, they are a very lively
bunch that have already gained recognition with their work on the Public
Geodata License. I personally think it would be great to join forces
with them, for many reasons. (for more info on OGUG:
On that topic, in this meeting we will all be discussing the possibility
of the creation of a local Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo)
chapter, to promote Open Source geospatial use in the Ottawa region. It
should be a great discussion. (for more info on OSGeo:
Here is the proposed itinerary with proposed presenters next to each
item. Please let us know if you would like anything added.
1. Welcome and group intros (Dave S and Jeff)
2. What is OSGEO and what does it mean to be a local chapter (Frank W)
3. Backgrounder: OGUG (David M)
4. Backgrounder: OMSUG (Volunteer?)
5. Why merge the two (Jeff M)
6. Next steps in making an official chapter (Jeff, Dave, Frank)
7. Orders of business for next meeting. (Dave)
8. Determination of next meeting (August?)
9. Beer (all)
I think it will be a fun meeting, with some life and purpose (not that
all of those meetings with beer and wings didn't serve any purpose haha).
DM Solutions Group Inc.
More information about the Mapserver-ottawa