[mapserver-users] System Regex issues

Dan Harris coronadh@coronasolutions.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:50:40 -0600 (MDT)

I was wondering if the --with-system-regex requirement has been resolved by now.
All the posts I see relating to it are regarding php3.  I'm trying to get
phpmapscript to compile with php 4.2.3.  However, when I use
--with-system-regex, it exposes some nasty problems with the ereg() function
in php (causign apache to segfault).  When I remove that flag, everything in
php works fine.  So, I'm wondering if there's a way I can safely make
mapscript/php work without the system regex flag..

Also, someone should really remove the extra 'cc' in the Makefile for
mapscript/php3/Makefile.  This set me back 2 days in getting this up and
running :(

Thanks for any help.

-Dan