[Mapserver-users] layer for user points choking mapserv 3.6.3.

Eric Davies eric@barrodale.com
Fri, 02 May 2003 16:19:04 -0700

--=====================_369328468==.ALT

Hi All,

I want to have the user be able to mark a point on the map.
According to the cgi reference document, this is doable with a
map_${layername}_feature...
argument. You just have to define the layer first in your map file. Fair
enough, my layer looks like

SYMBOL
   NAME "circle"
   TYPE ellipse
   FILLED true
   POINTS
     1 1
   END
END

LAYER
   NAME reddot
   TYPE Point
   STATUS on
   METADATA
      ICONNAME "/mapserverdemo/selected.png"
      DESCRIPTION "Selected point"
   END
   CLASS
     Name "reddot"
     COLOR 255 0 0
     SYMBOL "circle"
     SIZE 1 1
   END  # CLASS
END  # LAYER

Mapserver seems to choke on this. I try to invoke it and get
MapServer version 3.6.3 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=TTF
INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=SHAPEFILE --> <BODY
BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF"> loadClass(): Unknown identifier. (1):(212)

I've tried a few permutations on the layer without any luck.
Can anyone supply a layer that works or tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank
you.

Eric.

Eric Davies, M.Sc.
Barrodale Computing Services Ltd.
Tel: (250) 472-4372 Fax: (250) 472-4373
Web: http://www.barrodale.com
Email: eric@barrodale.com
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 3075 STN CSC
Victoria BC Canada V8W 3W2

Shipping Address:
Hut R, McKenzie Avenue
University of Victoria
Victoria BC Canada V8W 3W2

--=====================_369328468==.ALT

Hi All,<br><br>
I want to have the user be able to mark a point on the map.<br>
According to the cgi reference document, this is doable with a
map_${layername}_feature...<br>
argument. You just have to define the layer first in your map file. Fair
enough, my layer looks like<br><br>
SYMBOL <br>
&nbsp; NAME &quot;circle&quot; <br>
&nbsp; TYPE ellipse <br>
&nbsp; FILLED true <br>
&nbsp; POINTS <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1 1 <br>
&nbsp; END <br>
END <br>
&nbsp;<br>
LAYER <br>
&nbsp; NAME reddot <br>
&nbsp; TYPE Point <br>
&nbsp; STATUS on <br>
&nbsp; METADATA <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ICONNAME &quot;/mapserverdemo/selected.png&quot;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; DESCRIPTION &quot;Selected point&quot; <br>
&nbsp; END <br>
&nbsp; CLASS <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Name &quot;reddot&quot; <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; COLOR 255 0 0 <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; SYMBOL &quot;circle&quot; <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; SIZE 1 1 <br>
&nbsp; END&nbsp; # CLASS <br>
END&nbsp; # LAYER <br><br>
Mapserver seems to choke on this. I try to invoke it and get<br>
MapServer version 3.6.3 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=TTF
INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=SHAPEFILE --&gt; &lt;BODY
BGCOLOR=&quot;#FFFFFF&quot;&gt; loadClass(): Unknown identifier.
(1):(212) <br><br>
I've tried a few permutations on the layer without any luck.<br>
Can anyone supply a layer that works or tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Thank you.<br><br>
Eric.<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
********************************************** <br>
Eric Davies, M.Sc. <br>
Barrodale Computing Services Ltd. <br>
Tel: (250) 472-4372 Fax: (250) 472-4373 <br>
Web:
Email: eric@barrodale.com <br>
Mailing Address: <br>
P.O. Box 3075 STN CSC <br>