[Mapserver-users] Problems with Compiling PostGIS 0.7.5

Rosangela Silva rosangela.silva@zenitpolar.com.br
Thu, 8 May 2003 11:12:27 -0300

Tom,
I had the same problem and this was a past question of the list.

POSTGIS 0.7.5 COMPILATION

1)

EDIT THE FILE /POSTGRESQL-VERSION/SRC/INCLUDE/OPTMIZER/COST.H

CHANGE THE LINE extern double cpu_index_tuple_cost;
FOR extern DLLIMPORT double cpu_index_tuple_cost;

in POSTGRESQL-VERSION directory
./configure
ou
./configure --enable-multibyte --with-CXX --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --
docdir=/usr/doc/postgresql-7.3.1

make

2)
in postgis MAKEFILE

ADD THE CLAUSE: -L ../../src/backend -lpostgres

IN

# Add libraries that libpq depends (or might depend) on into the
# shared library link.  (The order in which you list them here doesn't
# matter.)
SHLIB_LINK=$(filter -L%, $(LDFLAGS))
ifeq ($(USE_PROJ),1)
 SHLIB_LINK=$(filter -L%, $(LDFLAGS)) $(BE_DLLLIBS) -L$(PROJ_DIR)/lib -lproj
else
 SHLIB_LINK=$(filter -L%, $(LDFLAGS)) $(BE_DLLLIBS) -L
../../src/backend -lpostgres

endif

make
make install

For more completed information, see the olders links
See the link
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2003-April/002316.html
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2003-February/002129.html

Rosāngela