[Mapserver-users] problem with GetCapabilities

Jean-Francois.Doyon@ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon@ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca
Thu, 8 May 2003 12:00:37 -0400

Debbie,

I'm not sure what this MAP_AUTO_FILE thing is ... But, the thing is there is
a special MIME-Type used for OGC XML, such as GetCapabilities.  MapServer
responds sending this MIME Type to the browser, which the browser by default
doesn't know what to do with, so it opens the download dialog.

I don't have the mime-types on hand, they're in the WMS spec ... You can
setup your browser to act according to your wishes based on this mime-type,
such as open it in XML Spy or something.

Oh wait here they are: application/vnd.ogc.wms_xml,
application/vnd.ogc.se_xml, application/vnd.ogc.gml

In Mozilla/Netscape6/7 , you go into Edit -> Preferences -> Navigator ->
Helper Applications ...

Hope this helps!
J.F.