[Mapserver-users] Mapplet/jBox problems

Ioannis Kanellopoulos ioannis.kanellopoulos@jrc.it
Mon, 12 May 2003 14:23:10 +0200

Hi All,

I am trying to use the mapplet or jBox java utilities for mapserver. I
have run into the following problems:

1. mapplet: cannot make box on/off to work properly. Following the
instructions of "Mapplet How to" I have added the
onClick="document.mapplet.boxoff()" or boxon respectively for
zoomout,pan and zoomin. I have also initialised
<param name="box" value=off"> in the applet. Problem is that it does not
work the second time round. for e.g. if I want to zoomin for a second
time without selecting the radio button then it goes back to boxoff as
it is initialised. teh same is true with zoomout and pon if the box is
initialised as on.

2. jBox: Here the problem is that I cannot make it to perform the redraw
  without hitting the refresh button again. this even after I have added
the "if (redraw) { document.mapserv.submit();}" at the end of the
setbox_handler() function. If I just change the function names to the
ones for mapplet it works properly.

I have mapserver 3.6.5 compiled in a Redhat 8.0, browser Mozilla 1.0.1
but I encouner the mapplet problem also with Windows2000 with apache 2
server and Mozilla 1.3. I am also using the standard demo files for
these experiments.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks a lot

yannis