[Mapserver-users] Postgis "explain verbose"-Error

Christina Biakowski (CCGIS) christina.biakowski@ccgis.de
Mon, 12 May 2003 15:44:58 +0200

Hello,
we are running Mapserver 3.6.5 on FreeBSD with Postgresql 7.3.2 and Postgis
7.4.
Querying a Postgis-Layer (by clicking in the map) I get the following
error-message:

"msPOSTGISLayerGetShape(): Query error. Error executing POSTGIS SQL
statement (in FETCH ALL): EXPLAIN VERBOSE SELECT * FROM staedte - Error with
POSTGIS data variable. You specified ''.
Standard ways of specifiying are :
(1) 'geometry_column from geometry_table'
(2) 'geometry_column from (<sub query>) as foo using unique <column name>
using SRID=<srid#>'

Make sure you put in the 'using unique <column name>' and 'using SRID=#'
clauses in.
..."

I searched the mailing-archive and found that it is "a problem with
postgresql 7.3's handling of "EXPLAIN VERBOSE" and that there is a fix for
the problem. Could anybody tell me where to get the fix or whether there
might also be another reason for the produced error?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Christina