[Mapserver-users] Linux segmentation problem

Björn Platzen bplatzen@sosnetz.de
Tue, 13 May 2003 13:47:27 +0200

Hi Matthew,

> However, if I pass any parameters at all, be they in mapserver, WMS
> or WFS format, I get an internal server error. The error log says
> only "premature end of script", and if I run mapserv at the command
> line by passing a QUERY_STRING here, I get "segmentation fault".

I had a similar problem and could find out what went wrong the shp2img
program, that was compiled with mapserver. Run it on a shell with your
mapfile (e.g. shp2img -m mapfile.map -o output.png) and see, if there
are any errors. If yes, I think, that the same errors will happen using
the mapserv CGI.

hth,

Bjoern.

--