[Mapserver-users] Linux segmentatio n problem

Hatcher Matthew MJHATCHER@qinetiq.com
Tue, 13 May 2003 13:00:46 +0100

Hi Bjoern,

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately, shp2img runs fine without any
errors!

I don't think mapserv is actually getting as far as reading the map file,
because I get a segmentation fault whether I specify a valid map file or
not. I'm pretty sure it's not that it can't find some shared libraries, as
they normally complain that they are missing when you do "mapserv -v".

Any more ideas?!

Matt.

-----Original Message-----
From: Björn Platzen [mailto:bplatzen@sosnetz.de]
Sent: 13 May 2003 12:47
To: Hatcher Matthew; 'mapserver-users@lists.gis.umn.edu'
Subject: Re: [Mapserver-users] Linux segmentation problem

Hi Matthew,

> However, if I pass any parameters at all, be they in mapserver, WMS
> or WFS format, I get an internal server error. The error log says
> only "premature end of script", and if I run mapserv at the command
> line by passing a QUERY_STRING here, I get "segmentation fault".

I had a similar problem and could find out what went wrong the shp2img
program, that was compiled with mapserver. Run it on a shell with your
mapfile (e.g. shp2img -m mapfile.map -o output.png) and see, if there
are any errors. If yes, I think, that the same errors will happen using
the mapserv CGI.

hth,

Bjoern.

--
small office solutions
info@sosnetz.de  -  http://www.sosnetz.de

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be monitored.
Calls to our Customer Contact Centre may be recorded for quality control,
regulatory and monitoring purposes.