[Mapserver-users] msGetLabelSize() Error

Becher, Richard RichardBecher@SierraSystems.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 16:02:15 -0400

Hi Eric,

Actually, I determined that the problem is with my TYPE attribute in the
Layer object.  I am referencing "truetype".  Not sure what this does or
where it gets the values from.....

Any ideas?

I commented that attribute out and it works fine....however, I would
like to know what this does and how I can use it.

Cheers,

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Bridger [mailto:eric@gomoos.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 11:53 AM
To: Becher, Richard
Subject: Re: [Mapserver-users] msGetLabelSize() Error

This sounds like a font problem.  Do you have FreeType fonts installed.
In the map file you probably need to set a FONSET value:
e.g.
FONTSET   "/home/eric/work/resources/fonts/fontset" which is a path to a
text file mapping font names to the full path of your freetype fonts.

Alternatively you can use default fonts. Remove FONT tags from your map
file.