[Mapserver-users] How localize a polygon?

braulioen@ono.com braulioen@ono.com
Tue, 13 May 2003 14:35:13 +0200

Hi all,

I wrote a time ago with the same doubt, and already follow with
her. What I need is to choose the Parcels with list pictures and to
pass them to Mapserver so that it locates the polygon of a SHAPE in
the map. Virgilio Branches, answered to me very amiably on the matter,
indicating to me:

> If you use cgi interests this to you:
> http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/mapserver_demos/tests40/
>
> If you use php mapscript Low gmap of Dm Solutions
> http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/webtools/dl/

1º CASE, USING CGI

In this direction, in the section "Item/value queries", in case 1, it
appears what I wish to do. Selecting a name of State, it shows to two
maps one general and another one in which the state appears trim. In
order to obtain this last image the call from the Template file is:

> /cgi-bin/mapserv36?map=/usr/local/www/docs/mapserver_demos/
> tests36/itemquery/case1.map&name=Dakota&mode=itemquerymap
> &mapext=shapes&qlayer=country

I have proven to make this being changed to my data of server
and configuration in my map file to locate a parcel, and have used
following order GET:

> http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=mypathmapfile/demo.map
> &number=00008&mode=itemquerymap&mapext=shapes&qlayer=parcels

I obtaining the following error:

> msQueryByAttributes(): Search returned not results. Not matching
> record(s) found, to layer and area of interest do not overlap.

in the example it uses mapext=shapes, shapes? what means this?. I have
not seen anything similar in the documentation. In addition, if I want
to obtain some result, the image with the selected parcel but without
centering, I must add variables IMGEXT and IMGXY.

2º CASE, USING PHP MAPSCRIPT

I have installed MapLab, that includes GMap, and as I'm inexperienced
in this I do not see anything that helps me to make what desire.

I'm a little desperate, because I have been a time trying to obtain
to this.

Thanks for everything.

Braulio M.