[Mapserver-users] php regex error

Gerald Buckmaster gbuckmaster@cox.net
Sat, 17 May 2003 17:44:44 -0700

All Concerned,

I have seen this same problem exposed in the archives, but haven't seen a
solution. First my system:

Mandrake 9.1
php 4.3.1 (source)
mapserver 3.6.5 (source)

My php configure:
./configure --with-system-regex --with-mysql=/usr/local

My mapserver 3.6.5 configure:
./configure --with-jpeg=/usr/local \
--with-png=/usr/local \
--with-proj=/usr/local \
--disable-ignore-missing-data \
--with-php=/usr/local/src/php-4.3.1 \
--with-gdal \
--with-ogr \
--with-postgis=yes \
--disable-rxposix-conflict-error

I get the error during the mapserver 3.6.5 configure process:

checking whether we have PHP3 or PHP4... -DPHP4
checking whether we should use PHP's regex... yes
configure: error:
!!! The current version of PHP MapScript has some problems with       !!!
!!! PHP4's bundled regex.  Until we figure the solution to the        !!!
!!! problem, the workaround is to compile PHP4 with the system regex  !!!
!!! Please re-configure and re-compile PHP4 with --with-system-regex  !!!
!!! and then re-configure and re-compile MapServer.                   !!!

How do I stop mapserver build from using the PHP regex?  I am using the system
regex during the building of PHP, so why am I still getting this configure
error?

Respectfully,

Gerald Buckmaster