[Mapserver-users] java connector

Tomas Brandalik Tomas.Brandalik@Sun.COM
Tue, 20 May 2003 16:28:31 +0200

Terry Hannant wrote:

>We have successfully used Mapserver and java servlets together.
>
>We have a production server running Linux (Suse), Tomcat 4.1, Jdk 1.4
>and Mapserv 3.6
>
>Feel free to email me directly if you have any issues you would like to
>discuss although I am sure other people on the mailing list may benefit
>from any discussion :-)

ok Terry, thanks for response
I am pretty aware of esri's ArcIMS technology but completely new in
mapserver. I didn't find any java middleware component which alows to
call mapservers methods. Is there a hack how to achive it?  Could you
briefly describe what is involved in your solution?

thanks in advance
-Tomas