[Mapserver-users] availability of Ming with Mapserver 3.x...

Vincent Schut schut@sarvision.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 12:19:26 +0200

I don't know about 3.6.x
You can use ming & 3.7. Usually 3.7 is quite stable, I use it all the time. Be
prepared, however, to stumble on some bugs... But the added features imho
outweigh the possibility of bugs.
For 3.7, you will need the newest version of GD (2.0.12).
I think you don't need the ming source, but you do need the ming lib. I'm not
sure about this, however, as I compiled ming myself so I don't have tried it
without having the source.
If you want to know why 'nothing happened', take a good look at the output of
the ./configure command when compiling mapserver. Actually, I think this
always is a good habit ;-) It gives you a lot of information about how
mapserver will be compiled and what options will be available or not, and can
save you from a lot of frustration afterwards.

Regards,
Vincent Schut.