[Mapserver-users] query by atribute

Lowell Filak lfilak@medinaco.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 09:59:00 -0400

The data in the mysql table needs to have a field that corresponds to the shapeindex in the shapefile.
The shapeindex is a sequential integer starting at 0.
If the data does not have that field can you create it when the data is loaded?
If not then you could possible relate the mysql data to an attribute in the dbf file and then the record number of the dbf record can be used to relate back to the shapeindex.
This solution assumes mapscript of some flavor.
HTH
Lowell F.

The following message was sent by Patricio Gigoux <pgigoux@munistgo.cl> on Thu, 22 May 2003 08:47:57 -0400.