[Mapserver-users] PHP mapscript, pointObj->draw, transparency problem

Thevenon Fabrice fabrice.thevenon@cg64.fr
Thu, 22 May 2003 17:13:12 +0200

Hello All !

My mapfile describes a map with a layer of points that are drawn
with a truetype symbol and transparency.
(I draw circles as the top layer, with transparency to see what
is below the circles).
So far, everything is OK, the points appear with transparency.

I would like to add dynamically some other transparent points to
my map with mapscript.
I'm using php mapscript 3.6.2.

I use the following code :

$map=ms_newMapObj($path_mapfile);
$image=$map->draw();
$myLayer=$map->getLayerByName("theTransparentLayerName"); #This transparent
layer comes from the mapfile
$myPoint=ms_newPointObj();
$myPoint->setXY($x,$y);
$myPoint->draw($map, $myLayer, $image, 0, ""); #class 0 renders trnsparent
in the map file

The point is drawn with the parameters expected for the class 0,
(size, color, ...) except that it is NOT transparent...

How could I do to add dynamically transparent points to my map?

Many thanks for any help!

Fabrice THEVENON
Ingénieur SIG - Informatique
Conseil Général des Pyrénées Atlantiques
Direction des Moyens Techniques
64 avenue Jean Biray
64058 Pau Cedex 9